The selected candidate MUST have experience integrating different backend systems/platforms together, with the ability to define the associated testing requirements for integrations within our own team, and making sure those work for the customer facing application development teams who will consume those services.
The position requires Systems Integration/Analysis & Cross-Platform/Application knowledge, as well as an understanding of the organization's systems and capabilities. Successful applicants will be familiar with websites, apps, and console platforms, third party billing integrations/platforms and OTT subscriber data sets.
Qualifications & Skills:
- BS degree in computer science, software engineering or equivalent technical field
- 5+ years as a QA Automation Engineer
- 5+ years working directly as a member of a technical team, preferably writing test cases/supporting/innovating for a consumer-facing product
- Understanding and knowledge of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies.
- In depth knowledge of test cases and negative, positive and regression testing.
- In depth understanding of automation testing and commercial experience writing automation tests.
- Experience with writing automation tests using one of the following: PostMan, Cucumber, JMeter, Cypress, Selenium, WebDriverIO, Fiddler or Charles.
- Experience with logging tools like Splunk.
- Experience with AWS Lambdas and SQS or their Azure equivalent (functions and queues).
- Proficient with designing and delivering load testing solutions for highly scalable systems; experience with K6, JMeter, Fiddler, Charles or any other load testing tool.
- Expert understanding of REST API.
- Advanced SQL knowledge.
- Expert in multiple environments and CI/CD best practices.
- Experience gathering, refining, and validating business/technical requirements, interdependencies, cross-functional dependencies & risks/issues.
- In depth understanding of application functions, bug fixing, and testing protocols.
- Experience with system/platform integrations and the ability to work cross-functionally.
- Shows strong initiative and is motivated to learn; works independently.
- Provides guidance to interns or less junior testers.
Solutia Consulting, Inc.® is an AA/EEO employer.
Last updated June 15th, 2022.