The Sr. Program Manager will establish and maintain the appropriate program governance to ensure the successful implementation of the program objectives and measures defined in the Charter. This is achieved through effective organization and leadership, business case development and benefits management, stakeholder management and communications, risk management and issue resolution, planning and control, program governance and project quality management.
Sr. Program Manager will be responsible for the following key processes and activities:
- Sets clear program vision that aligns with business strategy, and defined practices, and policies
Identify and manage program scope across several interrelated projects or workstreams
- Prepare impact analysis against scope, schedules, and budget
- Identify, review, and present all Change Requests to governance groups (i.e. SteeringCommittee)
Ensure quality of all program and project outcomes, deliverables, and products
- Comply with all Corporate policies, Standards, Procedures, and Processes
Create, maintain, and report Business Case and Value Realization Plan
- Collaborate with finance to develop the ROI and manages the financial cost modeling
Create, maintain, and report against a cross project schedule and resource management plan
- Liaise with key Stakeholders and implementation resource groups to ensure alignment
- Provides partnership and feedback to the design control facilitators
Provide critical leadership to ensure overall quality of project planning and execution, whileminimizing and mitigating project risks
- Identify, mitigate, and review Risk and Issue Logs
- Assume ownership for all program level risks and issues
- Assume ownership for all critical project level risks and issues
Ensures adequate project and team training to core teams.
- Provide coaching and leadership to Program Leaders
- Coaches team members to ensure process adherence and effective project management,utilizing best practice project management skills, as well as framing and resolving issues throughbest practices.
- Interacts and works closely with other departments to understand and address organization'stechnical and business needs.
- Directs day to day activities for multiple work-stream teams through managing project plans,resourcing, status reporting, resolving issues, identifying project risks and accountability fordeliverables across multiple internal and external stakeholders such as Business Development,Marketing, Clinical Research, IT, Advanced Analytics, Quality, Research & Development, Regulatory,and external partners.
- Establishes meaningful metrics and tracks against them.
- Responsible for project performance, risk management, administration, financial management,budgeting, and issue resolution.
Role Competency Expectations:
- Manages several interrelated projects or workstreams
- Accountable for overall program delivery, performance, and customer satisfaction
- Participates in establishing program objectives, timelines, milestones, and budgets
- Budget accountability for the program
- Program decisions are generally recommended to higher level management
Drive for Results
- Exerts unusual effort over time to complete a goal
- Refuses to violate standards
- Partners with others, as necessary, to get the job done
- Sets aggressive goals
- Models the effort and focus needed to achieve goals
- Implement and manage tools to measure achievement of the project plan.
Innovation & Complexity
Communication & Influence