As a senior member of the Business Intelligence team, proactively and creatively support the organization’s reporting, business intelligence, and analysis requirements in a hands-on role. Train and mentor other members of the team towards developing a deeper understanding of the systems, data, and processes in place. Keep up with industry best practices and proactively identify and find ways to apply them to existing practices and procedures. Work with business stakeholders to accurately translate business requirements, collect and organize appropriate data, and develop ad-hoc or recurring reporting solutions to meet the business need. Contribute to the support the reporting information system infrastructure by collaboratively managing system functions and process with the rest of the Business Intelligence team while ensuring system and data integrity.
Essential Job Duties:
- 50% developing and managing the organization’s data warehouse, business intelligence tools and dashboards; 30% coaching and training other team members on systems, data, and procedures; 20% managing legacy systems and reports to maintain existing organizational reporting.
- Develop medium to complex data sets and processes using the SQL programming and other languages and ETL / ELT tools in a cloud data warehouse environment.
- Partner with leaders & stakeholders across the organization as the data and system subject matter expert to ensure we are effectively using data to drive informed decision making.
- Develop and improve data visualization and analytics tools to help teams identify and understand key measures of business performance and track progress towards goals.
- Provide support and deliver end-user training and training materials to end users of legacy reports as well as business intelligence tools.
- Provide input to business requirements for the design of solutions.
- May perform analysis, including ad-hoc analysis for a wide range of requests using data in different formats and from various platforms and systems.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, test and evaluate information and reconcile any differences from expected results and ensure consistency among similar reports when necessary.
- Communicate findings and results to leadership, and other stakeholders.
- Assist team members and business partners with timely resolution to system or reporting problems.
- Maintain appropriate follow-up communications and manage expectations effectively.
- Monitor the performance of systems and reports and take corrective action to optimize or improve the performance of the reports when necessary.
- Ensure adherence to standardized company policies, processes and documentation standards.
- 5+ years of related experience using SQL programming language to create complex queries; SQL knowledge and experience must include using complex join criteria, temp tables, subqueries, stored procedures and views.
- Experience managing cloud data infrastructures (e.g. Redshift, Azure, Snowflake) using integration or ETL / ELT tools (e.g. Informatica, Talend).
- 5+ years’ experience working with Microsoft SQL server and SQL Server Management Studio.
- 5+ years’ experience using Crystal Reports X or higher, scheduling reports to Crystal Reports Server, Business Objects Edge, or Business Objects Enterprise.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook).
- Able to establish and maintain effective, professional and courteous communication and coordination with management, practice managers, co-workers, vendors and outside auditors.
- Personal and professional integrity, flexibility, and positive attitude.
- Demonstrated initiative – ability to work independently, set priorities, develop schedules, and react to changing circumstances. Able to organize, coordinate and direct projects.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Able to effectively handle multiple projects concurrently in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
- Experience with agile software development principles and Kanban tools such as Jira.
- Experience with version control tools such as Git or Subversion.
- Understanding or experience using object-oriented programming languages such as Java, R, Python or other similar languages.
- Experience with principles of the software development lifecycle (SDLC), including development, validation, testing and artifact promotion.
- Experience with visual data integration tools such as Talend or Informatica.
- Experience with Amazon Redshift and Amazon S3.
- Experience using the Kimball method of database organization; fact/dimension structure for relational data modeling.
- Understanding of medical or dental insurance concepts, including claims processing, electronic adjudication and electronic data exchange of 835/837 files.
Required Education and Knowledge:
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Analytics, Computer Science, Math, Statistics or other related quantitative field or equivalent experience. 5+ years of business or data analysis or related technical experience.
Solutia Consulting, Inc. ® is an AA/EEO employer