Minneapolis/St Paul, MN
The Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for the design, installation, maintenance, and certification of the Technology infrastructure. S/he is the primary technical point of contact to our managed services provider, and the main (often first technical) point of contact to other 3rd party service providers and/or vendors. The Infrastructure Engineer leads and/or coordinates the implementation and support of various projects in a wide range of technologies including networking, server, virtualization, storage, and monitoring technologies, be it on premise or cloud based. Additionally, the engineer will provide escalation support for Tier II and III issues across the infrastructure.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Strong data analysis required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field. Commensurate equivalent experience will be considered.
- 5+ years’ experience implementing and troubleshooting issues related to Microsoft technologies. Including but not limited to Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Certificate Authority, Network Policy Server, and IIS.
- 5+ years’ experience end-to-end support of a company’s infrastructure. Experience with infrastructure supporting over 150+ employees across the United States strongly preferred.
- Ability to accommodate on-call rotation, weekend and afterhours work that is regularly required.
- Advanced level knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Certificate Authority, Network Policy Server, and IIS.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Intune and Autopilot is preferred.
- Advanced level knowledge of virtualization technologies, on-premise, and cloud based technologies. including but not limited to VMware vSphere, Horizon View, Hyper-V, and Azure.
- Strong knowledge of backup solutions. Veeam experience is a preferred.
- Strong knowledge of SAN technologies and Fibre Channel. Nimble experience is a preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills, organizational skills, and the ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Must exhibit professional conduct and work well with all levels of an organization, both internally and externally.
- Proven knowledge of IT Infrastructure required.
Copyright © 2022 Solutia Consulting. All rights reserved.
1241 Amundson Cir, Stillwater, MN 55082